Friday 2 January 2009

So another year begins...

Did I make any New Year's resolutions?

No I did not.... Don't really see much point in saying I'll stop smoking. Cause I won't. Nor is there much point in me saying I'll stop drinking. Cause I won't.

It was a much quieter affair this year as opposed to the huge marquee party of 07/08. Only about 8 of us having a relaxing night in. Although it was a first in that we hooked up to another party in Worcester via Skype. Very odd virtual partying and playing of Charades.

I've been in touch with the uni as well and asked if I can do my Software Engineering degree as a part-time course starting September so I can carry on with my current job and fit my studies around them. Just waiting for the response now.

My laptop has developed an issue as well... There's now a discolored border around the LCD screen that turns white into pink. I've emailed HP tech support and after the usual uninstall and re-install and booting and rebooting and plugging in of external monitors they finally decided that it probably is a hardware issue after all and so I'm now waiting to see when they're going to pick it up and fix it. At least I'm getting this one sorted within the warranty period unlike the Packard Bell POS I had previously. So, due to its impending departure, I'm backing up all my important gubbins and getting ready to send it off to the hostipal.

Going to be a quiet night in on my own tonight due to rest of my family going to visit the Out-Laws. I think I'll get some work done on the RPGManager... Or maybe I'll just go to bed....

No comments: